Anti-static wrist strap tester HZR-171
How to use the wrist strap tester:
- The operator performs the test while wearing the wrist strap as normal.
- Insert the banana plug end of the wrist strap ground cord into the jack located on the front of the wrist strap tester.
- Push and hold the metal button on the wrist strap tester for several seconds.
- The tester measures the resistance of the ground path from the skin of the operator through the wrist strap and ground cord.
- The proper resistance will provide an “OK” LED indication on the wrist strap tester. If either the RED “FAIL LOW” or YELLOW “FAIL HIGH” LED’s light, and the audible indicator sounds, then the wrist strap (or the ground cord) should be replaced.
- small size, cordless, portable operation
- performs periodic tests of anti-static wrist straps and ground cords
- provides visual pass/fail LED indication as outlined in table below
- audible fail indication
- low battery indicator
- simple push button test
- tests all standard anti-static wrist straps
- includes instructions
- power source: 9V battery (not included)
- provisioned for optional 9Vdc, 100ma power adapter (5.5mm barrel plug with + center) not included.
LED Display Resistance Value (±5%) Indicator Status OK (Green) 800KΩ to ~ 10MΩ ON HI (Yellow) 10MΩ and above ON LO (Red) 800KΩ and below ON
- test parameters are factory set to pass 800KΩ to 10MΩ, but can be calibrated to your own specifications via 3 internal potentiometers.
- operating temperature 50°F to 104°F (10°C to 40°C)
- storage temperature 5°F to 140°F (-15°C to 60°C)
- relative humidity: 0% to 90%
- accuracy: ±5%
- net weight: 5.2oz (145g)
- dimensions: 2.8in W x 3.54in L x 1.1in T (7.1cm x 9.0cm x 2.8cm)
- operating voltage: ≥ 6.5 volts ≤ 9 volts (low battery indicator set at 6.5V)